Button-making instructions and template
So you're ready to get started on the winning button design! With these step-by-step instructions, you'll be set!
Not technologically savvy? Don't worry! You can draw or paint your design and submit it in person at the John Peace Library information desk or the Downtown Library service desk.
Start with opening one of these already-sized template in Word, PowerPoint or Photoshop. (Clicking on these links will automatically open the program on your computer.) Note: Students have access to InDesign and Photoshop through myUTSA.
We'll be giving you instructions for designing in Word.
1. Start with zooming in to make the design process easier!
- Go to "view" > "zoom" > click on "200%" > click "OK"
2. Insert your image.
- Go to "insert" > "picture" > click on "picture from file" if the image is on your computer
3. Crop your picture to a circle.
- Go to "crop" > "mask to shape" > "basic shapes" > the circle should be on the top left corner
4. Adjust your image.
- Simply drag the corners in or out
5. Make your image overlap the template.
- Go to "wrap text" > select "in front of text"
6. VERY IMPORTANT: Make sure your design goes in the white circle of the template — everything else will be cut in the button-making process.
7. Play around with your design, and save!
Email designs to email@example.com or submit it in-person at the JPL information desk or Downtown Library service desk!