UTSA Alumni Borrowing Policy
Please note that UTSA alumni do not have automatic borrowing privileges at the UTSA Libraries. Alumni must be members of the UTSA Alumni Association to receive borrowing privileges. Contact the Alumni Association at (210) 458-4133 for membership information and fees. Please bring your current Alumni Association membership card with you to JPL or the Downtown Library to set up your borrowing account.
UTSA Alumni can check out a total of five items at one time, including the following:
- Books – Members may check out up to five books from the general collections for a period of 28 days (one renewal).
- Multimedia – Members may check out up to four DVDs or other multimedia items for a period of seven days (one renewal).
- Interlibrary loan – Interlibrary loan requests are accepted at $5 per request, with additional charges such as copying charges or postage if charged by the lending library. Log in here to view or submit an Interlibrary Loan request using our Get It For Me service.
- Electronic resources – Most, but not all, of UTSA’s electronic resources are available onsite to walk-in users. Users can request a 30-minute guest login at one of the John Peace Library or Downtown Library service desks. UTSA alumni do not have off-campus access to databases.
- Curriculum Materials – Members may view curriculum materials at the library, but check out is not allowed.
- Textbooks and other reserve items – Because of high demand by UTSA students, members may not check out reserve items.
- Study Rooms– Because of high demand by UTSA students, members may not reserve study rooms.
- Courier service between campuses is not available.
You may renew your books or multimedia items one time. Items can be renewed by calling the John Peace Library at (210) 458-4574 or the Downtown Library at (210) 458-2440, or in person at the Front Desk of either library.
Books and multimedia items are fined at $0.50 per day with a maximum fine of $15.
All items which are borrowed from the UTSA Libraries are the responsibility of the borrower. Each patron should ensure that items are renewed or returned to the library by the due date specified. Due dates are printed and inserted in each borrowed item at the time of checkout.
Payment for overdue fines is accepted by check or UTSA Guest Card. We do not accept cash. Further library service is not available until overdue material(s) are returned and fines have been paid.
Lost or Damaged Materials
Users are responsible for charges for items lost or damaged during their borrowing period. In addition to replacement costs, users will be responsible for overdue fines and for a processing fee of $10. For damaged items, charges will be determined by the cost of repairs or replacement.
|Item Type||Replacement Cost|
|Interlibrary Loans||Replacement cost for item as invoiced
by lending library + $10 service fee
The UTSA Libraries reserve the right to request a picture ID when checking out materials to patrons.