Signup For Updates
Laptop Borrowing Policy
The John Peace and Downtown Libraries offer laptop computers for checkout.
The AET and ITC Libraries do not offer laptops for checkout.
How to Check Out a Laptop
Present your valid UTSA ID to the Front Desk and ask for a laptop. Checkout is on a first-come, first-served basis. Laptops may not be reserved in advance.
The Fine Print
- Laptops are available for eligible (current, no holds) UTSA faculty, staff, and students.
- No more than one laptop at a time can be checked out to a patron.
- The loan period is 4 hours.
- Laptops may be used anywhere on campus.
- Overdue fines are billed at $10 per hour with a maximum fine of $50.
- When a laptop is 24 hours overdue, it will be assumed lost and the patron will be billed accordingly.
- The patron assumes full financial responsibility. The replacement charge for a lost laptop is $1200.
- Charges for missing accessories also apply: $40 for the carrying case and $50 for the adapter.
- Damages to the laptop not covered by the equipment warranty will be determined by the library and the cost of any repairs will be passed on to the patron who had the laptop checked out at the time it was damaged.
Have a question?
Contact the Front Desk of either library: