- John Peace Library: Three stand-alone, large format book scanners (“KIC” scanners) and a document scanner are located to the right of the stairs on the second floor. There is also a flat-bed scanner behind the Information Desk in the Information Commons (computer #19).
- Downtown Library: The KIC scanner is located in the center of the library.
- AET Library: There is a flatbed scanner in the center of the library.
Using the Scanners
- With the exception of the flat-bed scanners, scanners do not require a UTSA ID (abc123) login to use, so they are open to the public.
- The scanners are capable of emailing files or saving files to USB drives.
The Fine Print
- Please limit your time on the KIC scanners to 20 minutes if others are waiting.
- Patrons wishing to use the flatbed scanner have priority at computer #19. If you are using the computer’s other functions, you may be asked to move so that a patron may scan.
- Please refer to our Copyright Policy for concerns or questions about scanning and copyright law compliance.
Have a question?
Contact the JPL Information Desk at (210) 458-4573