UTSA Libraries Seeking Students to be Part of Blue Crew
May 10, 2013
By Stephanie Sanchez, Communications Specialist
Are you outgoing, enjoy meeting people and helping other students? Are you a full-time student with a grade point average of 3.0?
Then join our Blue Crew.
The UTSA Libraries is recruiting library peer coaches. These student ambassadors participate in a variety of library-related activities such as leading workshops, staffing service desks, participating in engagement activities and more.
The program also offers mentoring and training designed to support and develop the personal research skills of the coaches.
• One position to start June 1 — must be available to work from noon to 3 p.m. Tuesdays
• Three positions to start mid-August
• Pay is $9.25 per hour
• Works 14 to 19 hours per week
• Must be a sophomore, junior or senior
• UTSA full-time student with a minimum GPA of 3.0
• Must be friendly, outgoing, comfortable with doing presentations and initiating conversations with fellow students
Complete a program application and submit to Ellen Lutz, research services librarian, by email at email@example.com or in person at the John Peace Library. Applications will be accepted until positions are filled.