Due to the ongoing nature of the situation, these policies are subject to change.
John Peace Library
- Food is not allowed inside the library.
- Entry and exit to the John Peace Library is limited to the second-floor Sombrilla side entrance only. Public elevators are closed. ADA access is available via outdoor ramps or on the first floor behind the elevators. (Look for ADA access signage or call 210-458-4574 for assistance.)
- Patrons have access only to the second floor of the JPL. Access to the third and fourth floors is temporarily unavailable.
- Library patrons will not be able to physically enter the book stacks on the third floor of the JPL to retrieve items. For the safety of staff and patrons, book checkout is available only by using the Libraries’ Contactless Get It For Me service. To checkout a library book, submit a request online using Get It For Me, then select either curbside or locker delivery.
- Face coverings are required at all times. Read more about the UTSA policy.
- Libraries staff will monitor building occupancy and may limit entry if maximum capacity is reached.
- The Laptop Lounge is temporarily closed. Use of lounge furniture, including booths and sofa-type seating, is suspended in several areas of the building in order to comply with social distancing.
- Please do not move furniture.
- View map of available study and computing spaces at JPL.
- Sanitization stations will be available.
- For the protection of patrons and staff, please practice physical distancing.
- The UTSA Libraries will abide by the Roadrunner Pact and adhere to national, state, and local health guidelines and requirements. For more information on UTSA campus policies, visit utsa.edu/fall2020.
Closed, but still offering the following services downtown:
- Locker delivery
- Curbside delivery (M-F, noon-4 p.m.)
- Book returns via outdoor book drop on S. Frio Street
- Librarian consultations by appointment
- Read more about adjusted hours for fall
Applied Engineering & Technology Library
Special Collections at Hemisfair
Special Collections Reading Room at JPL