Signup For Updates
Group Study Room Policy
The UTSA Libraries offer a variety of study room facilities for students, faculty, and staff.
Please visit our Get a Study Room page for more information on the available room types.
Group Study Room General Information
- The study rooms have a checkout period of 2 hours.
- Most study rooms are checked out on a first-come first-served basis and cannot be reserved.
- The AET Library study rooms can be reserved online.
- The Meeting Room can be reserved by calling the JPL Front Desk (210) 458-4574.
Using Study Rooms
- Someone in the group should always remain in the room during the checkout period.
- Do not use the room as a place for books or bags storage. The library is not liable for items left in empty rooms.
- Be aware that the door automatically locks when it is closed.
- Keep the noise levels low in the group study room.
- When a study room is checked out in your name you are responsible for the equipment and furniture in the room, as well as the maintenance of the room itself.
- Please abide by the UTSA Libraries Food and Drink Policy in the study rooms.
- Keep the group study rooms clean. If a room is not clean, please notify the Front Desk.
- The Library provides markers and an eraser at checkout time. These items should be returned to the Front Desk. If you fail to return these items, you will be charged for $6 for the eraser and/or $2 for the marker(s).
- You are responsible for the study room key. There will be a $20 charge for a lost key.
- Make sure the room is closed after you finish using it.
The Fine Print
- Only currently enrolled UTSA students, faculty and staff may check out study rooms.
- Rooms cannot be borrowed for paid tutoring purposes.
- The group (minimum of two people) must be present when requesting a group study room (with the exception of the 1-2 person size room).
Have a question?
Contact the Front Desk of either library: