We can find any library item you need – let us get it for you!
- Interlibrary loan
- Help finding articles online
- Document delivery, in e-format
Please note: We are unable to take requests for textbooks.
This service is available at no charge for eligible UTSA students, faculty and staff.
Options for delivery of materials include:
- In-person pick up
- Electronic delivery
- Curbside delivery at Main Campus or Downtown Campus
- Delivery to a locker outside the John Peace Library or the Downtown Library
- Delivery to a home address via mail (reserved only for those living outside Bexar County)
In-person Pick Up
Need an item from the stacks? Request it at the front desk, and we'll retrieve it for you. Look for Get It for Me signage.
Additionally, you may use our Get It For Me system online to request an item. Simply select "front desk hold shelf," and your items will be waiting for you at the front desk. Choose your preferred library location when requesting the item.
“Get It For Me” is accepting requests for articles, e-books, and book chapters. If you've requested a book or article that's available online, we'll send it right to your email inbox!
Interlibrary Loan for print materials may be delayed due to library service disruptions nationwide.
Available 10am-6pm, Monday-Friday, at both campuses
- Main Campus: Delivery will be available at the Business Building drop-off area near the outdoor book return. Signage will display instructions for paging library staff upon arrival.
- Downtown Campus: Delivery will be available at the Frio street drop-off area near the outdoor book return. Signage will display instructions for paging library staff upon arrival.
Users will receive locker numbers, lock combinations and date of availability via email once a request is fulfilled. Patrons will have seven days to pick up requested materials. Items can by picked up in lockers when the John Peace Library and Buena Vista buildings are open. Call (210) 458-4574 to find out when the lockers are accessible.
- Main Campus: Lockers are located in the lobby of the second-floor entrance to the John Peace Library.
- Downtown Campus: Lockers are located immediately outside the entrance to the Downtown Library.
Mail-to-home delivery will serve those who live outside Bexar County exclusively and is not available for books borrowed from other libraries.
When selecting this option, users will provide address information on the request form and materials will be sent via U.S postal service.
Return postage will be the responsibility of the patron requesting the items.
For questions regarding Get It For Me, contact us at GIFM@utsa.edu.
Typically you'll hear back from us within two business days of making your request. If we need to purchase your item or borrow it from another library, it may take up to 10 days to arrive. Please note, it may take longer than usual to fill requests due to closures at our partner libraries.
If your request is time sensitive, or for items showing as "On Order," email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
If you've requested a book or article that's available online, we'll send it right to your email inbox.
- Items we get for you from other libraries (via Interlibrary Loan) cannot be renewed.
- Items we get for you from other UTSA library locations can be renewed online through your account, by calling the John Peace Library (210-458-4574) or the Downtown Campus Library (210-458-2440), or in person at the Front Desk of either library.
- We do not charge overdue fines for items from other libraries. However, you will be responsible for any fee from the lending library for overdue items.