About Special Collections
Request Access to a Collection
The University of Texas at San Antonio Libraries Special Collections provides access to material at two locations.
Manuscript collections are housed on UTSA Main Campus and require an appointment for use. Manuscript materials are accessed via the reading room on the 4th floor of the John Peace Library.
Most rare books are also housed in the John Peace Library. Rare books with a location of "JPL 4th Floor Special Collections" do not require an appointment. However, books listed in UCAT with the location "UTSA Special Collections at Main Campus" DO require an appointment. Please request these titles using the form below.
- Materials must be requested for use on the campus where they are housed
- Requests should be made 5-7 business days in advance
- Complete a separate request for each collection you wish to view
- Check our hours to ensure the reading room is open on the "Date Needed"
- Some books may be available at additional locations, such as the UTSA Downtown Library or the San Antonio Public Library (SAPL). Be sure to check the UTSA Libraries catalog (UCAT) for location details. SAPL's catalog can be searched here.