Because UTSA campuses are currently closed, we are temporarily unable to accept in-kind gifts.
Thank you for your interest in making a gift to the UTSA Libraries.
When donating materials or making financial contributions:
- Gifts are accepted subject to the approval of the University of the Texas System Board of Regents.
- Gifts are accepted with the understanding that they become the property of the University of Texas at San Antonio Libraries and that we may make all necessary decisions relating to their use and disposition.
- We reserve the right to decline gifts of materials or financial contributions to purchase materials that do not meet the needs of UTSA's research and instructional programs.
- We are unable to accept all gifts offered.
- We are unable to return materials to donors if those materials are not selected for addition to our collections.
Receipt of Gifts
- Upon delivery of a gift, the Collections & Curriculum Support Department or the JPL Front Desk will issue a receipt of gift that acknowledges your donation.
- With the exception of financial contributions, the receipt does not list the specific items donated or the value of the gift. The donor must make a record of this information.
Creating a Gift Inventory
- We will not create an inventory for you.
- For significant gifts of major collections (e.g., your personal research library, a collection of rare books and manuscripts, gifts valued at more than $5,000, etc.), we request that you provide a copy of the gift inventory.
Assigning Value for Gifts
We cannot provide valuations of materials. We suggest that donors consult with appropriate tax experts or visit the IRS website www.irs.gov for information about tax deductions for donations.
Tax Credits and Gifts
- If the value of the donation is greater than $5,000, an independent appraisal is required.
- Gifts with a combined value of over $5,000 require that the donor complete IRS form #8283, Revised Oct 1995, Noncash Charitable Contributions, when reporting the gift. This form must be signed by the university official who acknowledges receipt of the gift.
- Only gifts received before December 15th will be acknowledged during the current tax year.
Have a question?
Contact the Collections & Curriculum Support Department at (210) 458-4575 or email@example.com.