We can find any item you need – let us get it for you!
Our staff will pull UTSA items from our collection. If we do not own the item or if our copy is checked out, we can send out your request to borrow from another library.
- Document Delivery: Items available at the UTSA Libraries.
- Interlibrary Loan: Items we borrow from another library for a short term.
Please note: We are unable to take requests for textbooks, market research reports, and Harvard Business School cases.
View or submit your requestsView Library Hours
This service is available at no charge for eligible UTSA students, faculty and staff.
Get It For Me information for Community Borrowers, UTSA retirees and alumni
Options for delivery of materials include:
- In-person pick up
- Electronic delivery
- Curbside delivery at Main Campus or Downtown Campus
- Delivery to a self-service locker at the John Peace Library or the Downtown Library
- Delivery to a home address via mail (reserved only for those living outside Bexar County)
In-person Pick Up
If you find an item on the 3rd floor that you would like to borrow, just bring it to the Front Desk on the 2nd floor and we will check it out to you.
If you see something we hold in our collection on our website that you would like to borrow, you can use our Get It For Me system online to request the item. Simply select "front desk hold shelf," and your items will be waiting for you at the front desk. Choose your preferred library location when requesting the item.
All requests for scanned items (e.g., book chapters, journal/magazine articles) will be sent to your official UTSA email with a link to the scanned PDF document. You can also view all of your requested scans in your UTSA Libraries My Library Account.
If we own an ebook edition of a title you’ve requested, you will receive a link to access the ebook from our collection. If you prefer a print copy – and the item is not a textbook for a course – we can request the print edition for you.
Available 10am-6pm, Monday-Friday, at both campuses
- Main Campus: Delivery will be available at the Business Building drop-off area near the outdoor book return. Signage will display instructions for contacting library staff upon arrival.
- Downtown Campus: Delivery will be available at the Frio street drop-off area near the outdoor book return. Signage will display instructions for contacting library staff upon arrival.
Requesters will receive locker numbers, lock combinations and date of availability via email once a request is fulfilled. They will have seven days to pick up the requested materials when the John Peace Library and Downtown Library Buena Vista buildings are open. Call (210) 458-4574 for hours or more information.
- Main Campus: Lockers are located in the lobby of the second-floor entrance to the John Peace Library.
- Downtown Campus: Lockers are located immediately outside the entrance to the Downtown Library.
Mail-to-home delivery will serve those who live outside Bexar County exclusively. It is not available for books borrowed from other libraries.
When selecting this option, users will provide address information on the request form and materials will be sent via U.S postal service.
Return postage will be the responsibility of the patron requesting the items.
For questions regarding Get It For Me, contact us at GIFM@utsa.edu.
The length of time required for a request to be filled depends on many factors, such as whether the item is available at the UTSA Libraries or must be requested from another library, and whether the request is for scanned material or a physical item. The majority of requests are fulfilled within the time periods indicated below:
Document Delivery (UTSA owned)
Scanned articles or chapters; ebook links - Same day or up to 24 hours
Books and other physical items - Same day or up to 24 hours
Items sent between campuses - 3-5 days
Scanned articles or chapters - 3-7 days
Electronic dissertations; open access ebooks - 1-2 days
Books and other physical items - 5-12 days (includes postal service delays)
If your request is time sensitive, or for items displaying an “On Order" location, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
If you've requested a book or article that's available online, we'll send it right to your email inbox.
- Please contact email@example.com if you would like to renew an item we borrowed from another library.
- Items we get for you from other UTSA library locations can be renewed online through your account, by calling the John Peace Library (210-458-4574) or the Downtown Campus Library (210-458-2440), or in person at the Front Desk of either library.
- We do not charge overdue fines for items from other libraries. However, you will be responsible for any fee from the lending library for overdue items.