The John Peace and Downtown Libraries offer laptop computers for checkout (AET and ITC Libraries do not). Laptops are campus use only. There is a replacement fee of up to $1200 for lost, stolen, or damaged laptops.
How to Check Out a Laptop
Present your valid UTSA ID to the Front Desk and ask for a laptop. Checkout is on a first-come, first-served basis. Laptops may not be reserved in advance.
Returning Your Laptop
When returning your laptop, please remain at the desk until a Blue Crew member confirms that the laptop is no longer checked out on your library account.
- Laptops are available for eligible (current, no holds) UTSA faculty, staff, and students.
- The loan period is 4 hours.
- No more than one laptop at a time can be checked out to a patron.
- Laptops may be used anywhere on campus. Do not take the laptop off the campus where you checked it out.
- By checking out a laptop, you agree to assume full financial responsibility while it is on your library account.
- Do not leave the laptop unattended, even for a few seconds.
- If a laptop is lost, stolen, or damaged while checked out to you, you will be charged a replacement fee of up to $1200, a processing fee, and overdue fines if applicable.
- The adapter replacement fee is $50, processing fee and overdue fines also apply.
- Overdue fines are $10 per hour with a maximum fine of $50.
- When a laptop is 24 hours overdue, it will be assumed lost and the patron who has it checked out will be billed accordingly.
Have a question?
Contact the Front Desk of either library: