When building upon existing OER or creating your own OER from scratch in Pressbooks, a basic understanding of Creative Commons licenses is integral to the process. An understanding of Creative Commons licenses is also integral to publishing in open access journals.
Upon completion of this workshop, attendees will be able to:
- Explain the history of Creative Commons
- Summarize the role of copyright law in the creation of Creative Commons
- Differentiate between different CC icons
- Identify the different layers and elements of CC licenses and tools
- List factors to consider when choosing a license for your project