Non-UTSA Affiliated Visitors
Non-UTSA affiliated visitors may obtain borrowing privileges at the UTSA Libraries by joining the Community Borrowing Program. There is a $25 annual fee to become a member, payable by check or UTSA Guest Card. You must be at least 16 years of age to be eligible for membership in the Community Borrowing Program. To apply for a Community Borrowing Program card, download and complete the application form.
The Community Borrowing Program membership is valid only for the purchaser. Should additional family members or business associates wish to use UTSA Libraries’ services, group memberships are available at two levels:
- Up to three memberships issued for $50
- Up to six memberships issued for $100
The TexShare program also allows non-UTSA affiliated visitors to borrow material in person through participating public and academic libraries. Visit the TexShare website for more information.
UTSA Alumni & Retirees
UTSA alumni must be members of the Alumni Association to have borrowing privileges at the UTSA Libraries. Contact the Alumni Association at (210) 458-4133 for membership information and fees. Please bring your current Alumni Association membership card with you to JPL or the Downtown Library to set up your account.
Photo ID is required to check out materials.
Visitors and Alumni can borrow a total of five items from UTSA's collection at one time.
- Books may be borrowed from the general collection for a period of 28 days (one renewal).
- Multimedia (DVDs and more) may be borrowed for a period of 7 days (one renewal).
- Interlibrary loan requests may be placed for $5 per request (additional charges may apply). Log in here to view or submit an interlibrary loan request using our Get It For Me service.
- Most of UTSA’s electronic resources are available onsite to walk-in visitors. You can request a 60-minute computer guest pass at the John Peace Library or Downtown Library service desks. UTSA Retirees do not have off-campus access to databases.
- Curriculum materials may be viewed in the library, but borrowing is not allowed.
- Textbooks, board games, and other reserve items may not be checked out due to high demand from enrolled students.
- Study rooms may not be reserved due to high demand.
- Courier service between campuses is not available.
You may renew your books or multimedia items one time. Items can be renewed online, by calling the John Peace Library at (210) 458-4574 or the Downtown Library at (210) 458-2440, or in person at the Front Desk of either library. Interlibrary loan renewal policies may differ. For more information on how to renew online, visit the library FAQ.
Books and multimedia items are fined at $0.50 per day with a maximum fine of $15. Please renew or return items to the library by the due date to avoid accruing fines. Library service will be discontinued until overdue materials are returned and fines have been paid.
Fines must be paid in person. Please contact John Peace Library at (210) 458-4574 or the Downtown Library at (210) 458-2440 for more information about your payment options.
Lost or Damaged Fines
Borrowers must pay replacement fees for lost or damaged items. Replacement fees may include overdue fines and a processing fee.
|Item Type||Replacement Cost|
|Interlibrary Loans||Replacement cost for item as invoiced
by lending library + $10 service fee