Author Identity Systems
Author ambiguity is a historic issue among academic researchers that current researchers can easily avoid thanks to author identity systems.
See the Managing Author Profiles Guide for detailed information and guidance or contact your subject librarian with questions.
Why Use an Author ID System?
- Ensure identification and correct attribution of your work
- Find collaborators outside your institution and across disciplines
- Use for career advancement and tenure
- Receive customized notifications about funding opportunities based on your publications and areas of interest.
- Take your author profile to another institution.
- Distinguish yourself
- Simplify keeping up with your scholarly impact
- Certain publishers require an author identity account for publication
Recommended Author ID Systems
- Scopus Author ID
- Google Scholar Citations