Streaming Media Requests
Streaming films are a valuable resource for many courses. UTSA Libraries can help. Please be aware of these important points.
- The library is your streaming media partner
- Use Blackboard's Library Reading List tool to add videos to course reading lists. Email email@example.com to request new videos for future courses.
- Be sure to indicate if one, or multiple, semester access is needed, so the library can license the film for the duration of your course
- Submit your streaming media requests as far in advance as possible
- We strive to accommodate all requests, but cannot license every film
- Contact your subject librarian with any questions
About Streaming Media & Libraries
- As you plan your course, remember that your subject librarian can assist you in locating streaming films in UTSA databases and elsewhere
- Not all video content may be available in a streaming format
- Films that are available for individual rental on popular platforms may not be available for libraries to license
- Most films can only be licensed to stream for limited periods of time
- It may be prohibitively expensive for the library to license a film in streaming format
- In some instances, it may be best for you to ask students to purchase pay-per-view options from one of the popular streaming platforms (e.g., Amazon Prime, Netflix, Hulu)
Linking to Library Videos in Blackboard