Streaming Media Requests
Streaming films are a valuable resource for many courses. UTSA Libraries can help. Please be aware of these important points.
- The library is your streaming media partner
- Use Blackboard's Library Reading List tool to add videos to course reading lists. Email email@example.com to request new videos for future courses.
- Be sure to indicate if one, or multiple, semester access is needed, so the library can license the film for the duration of your course
- Submit your streaming media requests as far in advance as possible
- We strive to accommodate all requests, but cannot license every film
- Contact your subject librarian with any questions
Use Library Reading List Now to Add Videos
About Streaming Media & Libraries
- As you plan your course, remember that your subject librarian can assist you in locating streaming films in UTSA databases and elsewhere
- Not all video content may be available in a streaming format
- Films that are available for individual rental on popular platforms may not be available for libraries to license
- Most films can only be licensed to stream for limited periods of time
- It may be prohibitively expensive for the library to license a film in streaming format
- In some instances, it may be best for you to ask students to purchase pay-per-view options from one of the popular streaming platforms (e.g., Amazon Prime, Netflix, Hulu)
Linking to Library Videos in Blackboard
To explore streaming media options, visit our Streaming Media Guide. Reach out to your subject librarian for further assistance.