This service applies to UTSA students, staff members, and faculty members who wish to borrow materials from other Texas libraries. If you are a guest who wants to borrow books from UTSA Libraries using your TexShare card, please see our TexShare Card Holder Borrowing Policy.
TexShare is a statewide library resource-sharing program. It allows students and faculty from one library to check out library materials at other participating libraries. The program began with academic libraries but has expanded to include public libraries.
Obtain a card
- Visit the the JPL or Downtown Campus Library front desk
- Email us at email@example.com
- Call us at (210) 458-4574
Faculty in good standing must meet the following criteria:
- Be currently employed by UTSA.During the last two weeks of August, newly appointed faculty may need to bring in a memo from their department affirming their employment status with UTSA. Non-tenure track faculty who are appointed for a semester at a time will need to get a new card each time they are re-employed.
- Have a UTSA ID.
- Owe no money, fines, or fees to the UTSA Libraries or to any other library from which services were obtained in the past on the basis of UTSA employment.
Any student in good standing with the UTSA Libraries may be issued a TexShare card. A UTSA picture ID is required. Cards will expire the last day of classes prior to final exams.
Students in good standing must meet the following criteria:
- Be currently enrolled at UTSA.
No cards will be issued prior to the first day of each semester. During the first weeks of a new semester, it may be necessary to verify enrollment and fee payment.
- Have a UTSA ID.
- Owe no money, fines, or fees to the UTSA Libraries or to any other library from which services were obtained in the past on the basis of UTSA enrollment.
- Have no overdue books.
Students enrolled in a UTSA credit distance education course are eligible for a TexShare card. Proof of enrollment and a valid picture ID are required.
Students enrolled in another Texas college distance education course may be eligible for a TexShare card through that institution.
Using your TexShare Card
WHERE CAN I USE MY TEXSHARE CARD IN THE SAN ANTONIO AREA?
See the list of TexShare Libraries in the San Antonio Area to find out where you can use your TexShare card locally.
CAN I USE MY TEXSHARE CARD ANYWHERE ELSE IN TEXAS?
See the list of TexShare Libraries to find other participating libraries in Texas.
WHAT ARE MY RESPONSIBILITIES?
As a TexShare card holder, you are expected to:
- Obtain and sign the TexShare Card which constitutes the agreement specifying the privileges and obligations associated with participation in the program and compliance with the terms and conditions of participation set out in the borrower's agreement.
- Present appropriate identification as required by this Agreement and the lending library.
- Observe the regulations of the lending library.
- Return materials in person or by first class, insured mail within the loan period prescribed by the lending library.
- Return materials immediately in person or by a form of priority mail if recalled by the lending library.
- Pay fines or any other charges assessed by the lending library, including, but not limited to, charges incurred as the result of late return, damage, or loss of materials.
- Surrender the TexShare Card to TexShare library staff if requested.