UTSA Libraries Special Collections is pleased to provide copies of materials to facilitate private study, scholarship, or research.
We welcome you to use materials in our collections that are in the public domain and to make fair use of copyrighted materials as defined by copyright law. We will provide reproductions of our textual, visual and audio materials, when such reproductions will not damage the original, violate copyright, or violate any restrictions imposed by the donor.
- You can expect delivery of your order within 10 to 12 days. Larger orders may take longer.
- We cannot guarantee the ability to fulfill last-minute requests, especially large orders.
- If your research requires detailed examination of a collection, we ask that you schedule a visit to conduct your own research. Appointments should be made 5-7 days in advance.
- In order to cover the ongoing preservation and stewardship of the photo collections, Special Collections charges a nominal reproduction fee.
- Reproduction fees do not include copyright fees. Researchers assume all responsibility in determining and obtaining copyright permissions.
- Members of the media are asked to contact UTSA's University Communications office as a first step when researching information for an article.
Camera Use Policy
Researchers are invited to photograph unrestricted items in Special Collections. Photographs and/or digital images can only be used for personal reference and research purposes.
Pictured above: Double wedding party, the Verstuyft twins (brides) and the Aelvoet twins (grooms), 1948, L-3624-J, San Antonio Light Photograph Collection.