- Tech gear requests must be submitted through our online request form. Requests will be processed on a first-come, first-served basis, and then we’ll check out items based on supply via contactless, curbside delivery.
- Items will only be available to borrow on the main campus at this time.
- No more than one item of each type can be checked out by a patron at the same time. Duplicate requests from the same patron will be denied.
- Laptops and calculators will be offered for a full-semester loan period. All other categories of tech gear will be limited to two-week loan periods.
- Tech gear may be able to be renewed by email (email@example.com). If there is a waitlist for your item, then you may need to return it and have your name added to the request queue again.
- Users are responsible for charges for items lost or damaged during their borrowing period.
- Returned items will be quarantined for up to 3 days before processing the return from your account. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Laptop Borrowing Policy
The John Peace Library now offers laptops for full-semester checkout for currently registered UTSA students. Laptops can be checked out from the JPL at Main Campus only. At this time, they will not be offered at DTL or AET Libraries. There is a replacement fee of up to $1200 for lost, stolen, or damaged laptops, and more information can be found below. Please note the laptop due date at the time of checkout. If laptops are overdue and the borrower is unresponsive to library requests for return of the equipment, Student Conduct Council will be notified, and campus police may be asked to assist with retrieval.
How to Check Out a Laptop
Once our staff confirms your registration status and availability of the equipment, you will receive an email with instructions for when and where to pick up your laptop. Requests will be processed on a first-come, first-served basis. Please notify us if you need to cancel an existing request at firstname.lastname@example.org
Returning Your Laptop
- To ensure the success of students during the COVID-19 pandemic, laptops are available for currently registered UTSA students only.
- The loan period is for the entire semester (This policy may change depending on the number of classes taught on campus.)
- No more than one laptop at a time can be checked out to a student.
- By checking out a laptop, you agree to assume full financial responsibility while it is in your care, so please take good care of it.
- Once you have your laptop, the UTSA Libraries will be unable to provide technical support. You may contact Tech Cafe (210-458-5555 or email@example.com) to troubleshoot technical issues. Please be sure to let them know that this equipment is owned by UTSA Libraries. If the equipment has hardware failure, you should return it to the library. Our ability to replace the laptop will depend on our supply.
- While the laptop is in your care, UTSA Libraries are not liable for any data loss on the laptop such as hardware failure, malware, student neglect, etc.
- The laptop, adapters and the carrying bag need to be returned to the library on or before the due date. Upon return, we will inspect the equipment for any damages.
- If a laptop is lost, stolen, or damaged while checked out to you, you will be charged a replacement fee of up to $1200 plus a processing fee.
- The adapter replacement fee is $50.
- When a laptop is 24 hours overdue, it will be assumed lost and you will be billed accordingly.
Have a question?
Contact the Front Desk of either library: