Get It For Me is accepting requests for articles, books, and book chapters. Interlibrary loan for print materials may be delayed due to library service disruptions nationwide.
We can find any library item you need – let us get it for you!
- Interlibrary loan
- Document delivery, in e-format
- Help finding articles online
Please note: We are unable to take requests for textbooks.
This service is available at no charge for eligible UTSA students, faculty and staff.
How long will it take?
Typically you'll hear back from us within two business days of making your request. If we need to purchase your item or borrow it from another library, it may take up to 10 days to arrive. Please note, it may take longer than usual to fill requests due to closures at our partner libraries.
If your request is time sensitive, or for items showing as "On Order," email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Your requested items
If you've requested a book or article that's available online, we'll send it right to your email inbox.
Did you know?
You can request an item directly from the Library Quick Search using the “Get it for me” link. Physical items are unavailable at this time, including books and media.
Renewing & Overdue Fines
- Items we get for you from other libraries (via Interlibrary Loan) cannot be renewed.
- Items we get for you from other UTSA library locations can be renewed online through your account, by calling the John Peace Library (210-458-4574) or the Downtown Campus Library (210-458-2440), or in person at the Front Desk of either library.
- We do not charge overdue fines for items from other libraries. However, you will be responsible for any fee from the lending library for overdue items.