Get It For Me will continue purchasing electronic articles and book chapters via document delivery when available.
We encourage users with borrowed Interlibrary Loan items to hold onto those until the Libraries reopen. We will waive fines for overdue materials.
Borrowing both physical and electronic items from lending libraries is not available since many libraries are closed or offer only limited services
We can find any library item you need – let us get it for you!
- Interlibrary loan
- Document delivery, in e-format
- Help finding articles online
Please note: We are unable to take requests for textbooks.
This service is available at no charge for eligible UTSA students, faculty and staff.
How long will it take?
Typically you'll hear back from us within two business days of making your request. If we need to purchase your item or borrow it from another library, it may take up to 10 days to arrive. Please note, it may take longer than usual to fill requests due to closures at our partner libraries.
If your request is time sensitive, or for items showing as "On Order," email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Your requested items
If you've requested a book or article that's available online, we'll send it right to your email inbox.
Did you know?
You can request an item directly from the Library Quick Search using the “Get it for me” link. Physical items are unavailable at this time, including books and media.
Renewing & Overdue Fines
- Items we get for you from other libraries (via Interlibrary Loan) cannot be renewed.
- Items we get for you from other UTSA library locations can be renewed online through your account, by calling the John Peace Library (210-458-4574) or the Downtown Campus Library (210-458-2440), or in person at the Front Desk of either library.
- We do not charge overdue fines for items from other libraries. However, you will be responsible for any fee from the lending library for overdue items.